Disclaimer - In this episode we talk about potentially harmful topics such as excessive exercise, disordered eating, poor body image, bullying, and experiences of poor mental health.
In this episode of the MyoMinds Podcast, I talk with freelance journalist and contributing editor to Men's Health Magazine, Jamie Millar. Myself and Jamie have been involved in a number of conversations over the last few months and we thought it would be useful to share one of those conversations with you lot!
Here's what to expect:
- How Jamie got into writing and his journey towards his current success.
- The role bullying played in Jamie's adoption of fitness.
- Both of our experiences of the pressures of masculinity, and how these have played into some of our thoughts/behaviours.
- Jamie's work with Men's Health, writing articles on male body image, steroids and more.
- Jamie's experiences interviewing celebrities like Henry Cavill, Jason Statham and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- The time Jamie made it onto the cover of Men's Health.
Devils Advocate Question: "Don’t you think teaching people about disordered muscle related behaviours will make it more likely people adopt them?"
If you would like to follow Jamie and his work, you can follow him on:
You can view his articles on Men's Health's website.
Please remember that no episode of the MyoMinds Podcast can be used as a replacement for medical advice and/or care.