Please remember that no episode of the MyoMinds podcast can be used as a replacement for medical advice and/or care.
Today on the MyoMinds Podcast, I speak with Professor Gerome Breen who is the Principal Investigator for EDGI (Eating Disorders Genetics Initiative).
In this episode Gerome and I discuss topics such as:
- How genetics can influence the likelihood of developing an ED
- How EDGI's genetic research hopes to progress
- Prof. Breen' aspirations for the implementation of this research
- How YOU can be involved in EDGI's research
- Prof. Breen's opinion on the recent UK government scheme hoping to track the diet and exercise behaviours of the UK population
Todays' Devils Advocate question: "Isn't it more important we focus on research about care? Who cares about genes?"
To sign up to EDGI's research you can click the link here: https://edgiuk.org/
You can also take a look at some of the papers we mentioned during the podcast below: